This week On The River we explore how dams effect wildlife and humans while we paddle across Lake Sakakawea, a reservoir formed by a dam on the Missouri River. Do you think wildlife or humans benefit more from dams, and what are those benefits?
- 4-ESS3.A: Natural Resources
- MS-ESS3.C: Human Impacts on Earth Systems
- HS-LS4.D: Biodiversity and Humans
- Speak for the wildlife like Ann did. Pick an animal that lives along the river. Research how dams effect your animals and then write a letter to one of your representatives with your animal's perspective.
- Make a list of all the pros and cons of dams we didn't cover in our video.
- Draw the river before and after dams are created.